JustCloud is a SaaS (software as a service) product designed to simplify and streamline the process of saving data to the cloud. JustCloud is intended to work either as an additional source of support to the backup methods you already use or as your primary method of backup – you can decide where it fits in. In this post, learn more about JustCloud, including the features, how it works and whether it is the right fit for your cloud storage needs.
The Ultimate Storage Plan
JustCloud’s plans were created with the personal user in mind. The bandwidth allotted to each user for each different plan represents what research shows is the average amount a personal user needs for personal data backup purposes at that level.
You also get a number of other valuable features that come with your JustCloud plan for no extra charge. Here is a list of current extra plan features:
– Money back guarantee.
– Works on most of the popular operating systems in use today (Apple, Android, Blackberry, Kindle Fire).
– Works on both Windows XP, 7, 8, and Vista (32 & 64 bit) and Mac OSX 10.5+.
– No limit on the number of files that can be stored.
– Automated backups on a schedule of your choosing.
– 256-bit data encryption for better data security.
– „Lost laptop“ feature allows you to track the location of a lost device from within JustCloud’s platform.
– Manual drag-and-drop backup option lets you back up individual files on the go.
– Round the clock (24/7) customer service and technical support.
– Easy share feature allows you to share your stored files with others.
– You can sync data with multiple devices using JustCloud as the central storage location.
– You can add a new PC easily just by logging into your JustCloud online account portal to transfer your backup license to the new device.
– No matter where you are, you will always have access to your files.
– JustCloud provides a number of useful mobile apps including sharing, printing, text notes and voice memos.
JustCloud offers three different personal storage plans depending on how much data storage you need. There is also a menu of additional a la carte paid services you can buy on an as-needed basis. You can elect to purchase a two-year plan, a one-year plan, a six month plan or a monthly plan. If you buy anything but the monthly plan, you will be billed in one lump sum annually or semi-annually as applicable.
Here are the details for what each plan level offers:
– Home (Pro) Plan. You will pay $8.69 per month for 75GB of storage.
– Premium Plan. You will pay $9.94 per month for 250GB of storage.
– Ultimate Plan. You will pay $12.54 per month for 1TB of storage.
You can also turn on Automatic Renewal to ensure you won’t have any interruption in your file backups. There is no contract with any JustCloud service so you are able to cancel at any time without penalty.
Additional A La Carte JustCloud Services
Once you have chosen your monthly plan, you can then look at adding extra a la carte services as you may need them. These items may be added to your plan at any time. Along with JustCloud’s affordable storage services, any of these services can also work in lieu of or along with any hosting package you have to help enhance your data backup and security needs.
Here is a list of current a la carte items:
– Special backup options. Includes hourly, supercharged, external hard drive and video.
– Bulk folder syncing (5GB, 10GB, 20GB).
– Priority customer and technical support.
– Network drive support.
– Additional license to backup for multiple PCs.
– Increase in file size (to 5GB).
How to Get Started with JustCloud
One reason we frequently recommended JustCloud to individuals seeking a better solution for cloud storage is because of the ease of use. Simply put, it couldn’t be easier to get started with JustCloud and the portal is really self-explanatory.
Here are the steps you can take to get started using JustCloud:
– The first thing you need to do is to create your free account. You can enter your name, email and password of your choice to create your account.
– Once you are signed up, JustCloud will download a small file of free software to your device. You can then unpack and open the software, which will be responsible for helping you backup your files and data.
– From here, you can sync additional devices, schedule automated backups, perform manual updates using the easy drag-and-drop interface, download mobile apps so you can use JustCloud from other devices, share files with friends and much more.
About JustCloud’s Mobile Apps
JustCloud offers mobile apps to fit a multitude of device needs. Each app can perform multiple functions, including data backups on the go, music streaming, camera roll backup, share files with others and more. Each app has its own special features as well.
Here is a list of JustCloud’s apps for these supported devices:
– Kindle Fire.
How to Use Locate Your Lost, Missing or Stolen Device
One reason we especially like to recommend JustCloud to our customers is because of the unique „Find My Computer“ feature.
This feature offers two critical safety and security options:
– You can map your device’s location from anywhere through JustCloud to track it down.
– You can access and recover your files in the cloud whether you are able to recover your device or not.
You can use the „Find My Computer“ feature by logging in to your JustCloud account from another device and turning on the mapping feature. From here, JustCloud will use your IP address to track your computer and update its location on an hourly basis until it is recovered. If you have reported your device as stolen, the police can also use this information to recover it for you.
A Word About JustCloud’s Data Security
Whether you are adding a JustCloud account as an extra layer of protection for your data or JustCloud will serve as your sole source of backup, it is critical to know that your data will be kept safe and secure at all times.
When we recommend to any client that they open a JustCloud account, we do so because JustCloud maintains the highest level of security against data breaches, theft, corruption or outages.
Here are the features that outline how JustCloud stores your data:
– 365 days, 24/7 data center monitoring with no interruptions for any reason.
– Multiple redundancies for power, HVAC and networks for security and accessibility.
– 99.9999 percent guaranteed uptime (through a partnership with Google Cloud Platform).
– Copies of your data are stored on multiple services to guard against outages.
– Multi-part uploads to resume interrupted uploads.